All Primary trainees will be prepared to teach across the 3-11 yrs age phase, focusing on either the 3-7, 5-11 or 7-11yrs age ranges.
To deliver the primary training programme, Lincolnshire SCITT works in partnership with five School-Direct hubs/lead schools across Lincolnshire.
- Lincolnshire SCITT (schools throughout the county, organised through our school direct/lead school partners)
- Ellison Boulters CE Academy (schools primarily within villages surrounding Lincoln)
- Kyra (schools within the city of Lincoln and county of Lincolnshire)
- LEAD Equate Teaching School Hub (schools within the city of Lincoln and county of Lincolnshire)
- Voyage Education Partnerships (schools primarily in the Boston region)
- Wyndham Park Nursery (schools primarily in the Grantham region)
Please visit the Primary Partnership schools tab for a distribution map.
Trainees join their chosen training school on the first day of the academic year and in a typical week will spend four days in their training school and one day in core training.
Our Primary programme offers:
- Qualified Teacher Status, with PGCE awarded in partnership with the University of Lincoln
- Dedicated mentor support to meet individual training needs
- School-based training by experienced professionals
- Weekly training programme jointly delivered by school-based and university professionals
- Second school experience during the training year
- Extensive choice of partnership schools across Lincolnshire and close borders
- Ongoing career opportunities and professional development
How to Apply:
All applications for our courses through the SCITT hubs or one of our Lead Schools, can be made through DFE Apply for Teacher Training services.
Please note that when submitting an application you will need to choose the age range that you wish to train to teach in (3-7, 5-11, 7-11). For further details of the application process, please visit the How to Apply pages.
Vacancies for our courses are updated on the DFE Find Postgraduate Teacher Training search tool.
Applications are now open. You can apply through the DFE Apply System for all 2022-23 SCITT and School Direct programmes.