All Secondary trainees will train to teach across the 11-19 phase. The majority of trainees will train within the 11-16 age range, with some subjects focusing on the 14-19 age range.
Our training programme is school based, so trainees are in school from day one in September, so they are fully immersed in the life of the school and fully understand the role of the teacher. In a typical week, trainees will spend four days a week in their training school and one day a week at training with the Lincolnshire SCITT and/or the University of Lincoln.
Our Secondary programme offers:
- High proportions of time in school; learning ‘at the chalk face’ the role of a teacher;
- Dedicated, weekly mentor support, which meets individual training needs;
- School-based and subject specific training led by experienced professionals, who model and demonstrate teaching and learning strategies;
- High quality and evidence informed central and subject training, led by local or national specialists;
- A safe space to practise teaching and hone skills, with expert feedback;
- A strong network of support; we want our trainees to thrive and build a love of teaching and learning;
- A second school experience as part of your specialist training phase;
- An extensive choice of partnership schools;
- Qualified Teacher Status, with PGCE awarded in partnership with the University of Lincoln.
How to apply:
For further information on fees and funding please click here.
Please click on the Secondary Training Subjects page on the left-hand side for details of the secondary subjects that we offer, including all our course codes.
Further information on the application process can be found on our How to Apply pages, please click here.
Contact us - Lincolnshire SCITT
For all enquiries please contact us on our enquiry form, email on the relevant email address below or contact us by telephone on 01522 889297.
Our office hours are 08:00 to 16:00 from Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 15:30 on Friday.