A UK Honours degree or equivalent, at a minimum of 2:2*.
For secondary teaching: in most cases at least 50% of the degree should be in the subject you wish to teach. Exceptions to this may be where you have an A level in the subject and the capacity to undertake a Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) course. Further details can be found here.
*please contact us if you have a 3rd in your degree
- All entrants have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4/grade C in GCSE English and mathematics.
- All those who intend to teach pupils aged 3 to 11 additionally have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4/grade C in a GCSE science subject.
Before your training starts you will need to undergo the following safeguarding checks:
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) including Children's Barred List check
- Prohibition from Teaching check
- Disqualification by Association check - Primary only
- Living and Working Abroad check
- Other safeguarding checks, where applicable
Lincolnshire SCITT will give you full support in completing these checks once you have accepted an offer of training.
Applications are now open. You can apply through the DFE Apply System for all 2022-23 SCITT and School Direct programmes.